May 30, 2013

St. John

What a great way to get ready for summer...a wonderful week in St. John in the US Virgin Islands!  Mom, Dad & I went with Mom's family (Uncles Jeff & Steve, Aunts Donna & Kim, and Grandma & Grandpa), and they agreed that I was a trooper again this year.  I was a champ through two flights on the airplane each way (with my own seat this time!), a ferry ride, and a winding road to our vacation house - I love to see new places!  We all had so much fun as you can see from the pictures below..pretty soon, there will be two more little ones to share in the fun (both Mom and Aunt Kim are expecting babies later this year:)!

I could hang out on the beach all day...those recent swimming lessons paid off!

When I wasn't running....

..and running...and running on the beach...

I loved to show off the sand castles I made with Dad....
And get thrown up in the air by the guys....

Wow, that was fun...again,again!!

And when I finally got tired after a fun day in the sand...

I headed for Mom's shoulder for a quick nap.

Before I went anywhere, I always lathered up with sunscreen...

As you can see, Dad usually needed my help too.

Now, I am camera-ready!

This was a working vacation for me...I took it upon myself to clean the pool (with Uncle Jeff's help)

And to carry the pool noodles for everyone

And to catch a few island critters outside our door, like this lizard...

and this frog...ribbit!


We all got dressed up for some delicious dinners out too...




Here are the growing bellies I told you about...Uncle Steve & Aunt Kim are expecting a boy this summer, with my little brother or sister to follow a few months later.  So exciting!

Here's a great picture of the house where we stayed...

And our walk on the beach right below it.

Bye-bye St. John...hope to see you soon!